84 Years of Service
The Aspinwall Church was established in 1936. Our first church was a rented store-front building located at 795 East 152nd Street. The church met in the right side and the pastor’s family lived upstairs.
The second building was at 15415 Kipling Avenue. The congregation purchased this building in 1946. This was the first property owned by the Aspinwall Church. At that time, it was named, the Church of God Mountain Assembly, Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1952, the congregation purchased a lot on the corner of East 147th Street and Aspinwall Avenue. In 1964, the church began to construct a new sanctuary and Sunday School facility that seated approximately 250.
On Easter Sunday 1984, we began construction on a larger sanctuary on the same property. Our first service in the new sanctuary building was on March 23, 1986. We currently have seating capacity for five hundred worshippers.
For 84 years, the Aspinwall Church has faithfully and effectively proclaimed the gospel of Christ in Cleveland, Ohio and around the world. Our mission is to Connect our Community to Christ through the ministry and gospel of Jesus Christ.